Vernon Jubilee Hospital has a relief, part time opening for a Staff Anesthesia Assistant. This position is to provide coverage until October 2023, or return of incumbent.
The Anesthesia Assistant performs technical duties related to anesthesia such as testing, preparing and maintaining anesthesia equipment and supplies. Performs clinical duties related to assisting Anesthesiologists with the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia.
VJH is a regional care facility where you will find five beautiful, large totally integrated operative theatres. The OR’s are supported by the new Pre-Surgical Screening, Surgical Day Care area, ten monitored Recovery Bays and a new Medical Device Reprocessing area. Four of the operating theatres provide the following services: General Surgery, Orthopedic, Urology, Gynecology/Obstetrics, ENT, and Dentistry. The fifth operating theatre opens several times a month to provide local Cystoscopy services. There is a separate vision centre with an operating theatre located in Armstrong that performs cataract surgery.
• An exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills.
• Opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• Relocation Assistance to be offered to the successful candidate.
We invite you to discover the rewards and career satisfaction that our growing organization has to offer you.
• Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy plus three years’ recent related experience.
• Completion of an accredited post-graduate Anesthesia Assistant diploma program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
• Current certificates in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.