Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator. Apply today! When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties, such as:
• Processes calls (internal and external) and establishes communication links;
• Provides information to customers and assists in relaying messages;
• Answers emergency calls and follows established communications procedures in emergency situations;
• Maintains Physician paging system and after hours physician’s emergency lines;
• Records and organizes data to facilitate the operations of the morgue;
• Receives "On-Call" information from physicians and updates data as required;
• Receives patient porter requests and dispatches transfers to the patient porter team;
• Maintains confidentiality of classified information.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please submit a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.