The Central Okanagan Hospice House in Kelowna, BC is looking for Casual Support Workers to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience, and food safe....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within the Support Services such as:
• Cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables, sinks, machines and equipment and washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required, defrosts and cleans refrigerators, and cleans ovens
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, writing information on menu cards and checking cards against lists.
• Collects waste and recycling from patient rooms, the nursing stations and other locations in the site and removes from building to designated holding areas.
• Cleans areas such as floors, walls and windows by methods such as dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, sealing, waxing, buffing, polishing & vacuuming.
• Cleans items such as furniture, contact points, ledges, vents, mirrors and equipment.
• Reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment or building surfaces in accordance with established procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.