We are growing our Casual Pool of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) in the Ambulatory Care Department (ACU) at Kelowna General Hospital (KGH). This is a relief part time (0.8 FTE) opportunity until June 30, 2023 or return of the incumbent. Shifts are days from Monday to Friday, with shift times of 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00.
What you will work on:
The ACU LPN is responsible for the Minor Surgery slate, which is zero to 15 patients/day and in assisting surgeons with minor surgical procedures. Work is primarily independently performed with available support from the Patient Care Coordinator and two other surgical nurses.
How you will create impact:
Assisting physicians with minor surgical procedures.
How we will help you grow:
Opportunity to work directly with surgeons. Education support for learning additional skills. PRH ACU offers the LPN a very diverse scope of practice, opportunity to join a very experienced clinical team dedicated to teamwork and patient safety. We offer fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills to help you progress at every stage of your Licensed Practical Nursing career.
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies.
• Graduation from an accredited Operating Room Program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
• One (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Acute Care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.