Who Are We Looking For?
Lansdowne Centre in Kamloops has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join their team! This is a Relief Full-Time Position working Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of clerical duties including:
• Working with the team to processing bi-weekly payroll for approx. 20,000 employees;
• Updating information for employee data files including position changes and benefit accumulation;
• Responding to requests from third parties such as WorkSafe BC and Service Canada;
• Answering general inquiries from employees regarding they pay and deductions or other payroll related queries.
What should your application include?
-A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a recognized Payroll Course;
-Your Resume indicating three years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
-Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Payroll Administrator and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of a recognized Payroll Course, Plus
• Three year’s recent related experience in a large, computerized payroll environment, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.