Interior Health has an exciting Permanent Full Time opportunity for a Bachelor’s Level Social Worker to join the team to work in the Primary Care Clinics in Williams Lake, B.C. at the Cariboo Memorial hospital.
This position will serve the West Cariboo area including Chilcotin. It is part of the Primary Care and Bridge Care Virtual Care programs
What Will You Work On?
The Social Worker provides comprehensive assessment, care planning and treatment coordination for designated clients and their families. Working collaboratively with other health care providers and the multidisciplinary team, the Social Worker provides direct psychosocial care, counseling and group work, system navigation and advocacy, education and linkage to relevant specialized complex care resources while facilitating client self-management. The Social Worker is responsible for providing and developing social work services to maintain or improve the health and social well-being and functioning of the identified population.
Some other responsibilities include:
• Provides direct social work services and care coordination to individuals, families and groups.
• Provides a social work perspective to team practices; participates in planning and program development activities; and provides operational, policy and ethical practice recommendations through reporting, consultation and collection of information on specific client groups and/or clinical areas.
• Maintains client records by methods such as documenting client assessments, treatment formulations, care/treatment plans, preparing progress notes/interventions and reports in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirement and documenting for future reference.
• May supervise support staff as required by performing duties such as assigning and scheduling work, evaluating performance and providing input into hiring and disciplinary matters. Maintains and verifies accuracy of timekeeping and scheduling documentation as required.
• Acts as a resource to patients and their families by performing duties such as providing information for patients and families regarding community resources and access to these resources, suggesting contacts to facilitate optimal planning, arranging referrals and facilitating the development of community resources to support the health of families.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How Will You Create Impact?
Social Workers at Interior Health advocate for social justice at individual, family, organizational, and societal levels through their professional knowledge, values, ethics and skills. This position is part of the Primary Care Network where staff will work out of patient medical homes, private physician offices, or at Interior Health primary care sites as part of providing team based care. The successful candidate will work out of two private physician clinics as part of the Primary Care Network therefore days and hours of work are subject to change and there could be “after hours” work in the future.
How Will We Help You Grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
• Two years recent related experience in a healthcare setting working with medically complex clients with concurrent disorders, or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.