Ponderosa Lodge Care Facility embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. The resident care beds at this centre consists of 43 Regular beds and 48 Short Stay beds.
We have a relief full time Occupational Therapist opening with a Monday to Friday schedule. The Occupational Therapist will provide coverage until return of incumbent (date unknown). This position is part of the multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education.
The role works within the long term care team to optimize access and flow across the healthcare continuum for clients. The role also aligns with the Ministry of Health goal of maintaining clients at home with the support they need.
• Support and knowledge sharing from an established interdisciplinary team.
• Being apart of the Home Health transformational work to ensure a team based care approach for each home health client.
• Numerous educational opportunities are available as part of this transformation work.
• Opportunities to apply for Regular employment openings through the Internal Recruitment job postings.
An exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus generous vacation entitlement. Relocation Allowance may be provided with acceptance on the position.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who works well within the team but also able to work independently with good people and communication skills. Ability to coach and educate clients. Willing to learn new skills.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming Masters of Occupational Therapy new graduates or applicants with provisional registration and to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.