Who Are We Looking For?
The Penticton Regional Hospital in Penticton, B.C. is looking for casual Patient Porters to join their team! If you are flexible to work a variety of days, evenings, and nights and have a patient-centric focus of care and service....Apply today!
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. We require that our casuals are reasonably available to work the shift times noted on a consistent basis.
What Will You Work On?
This position assists and transports patients, their personal belongings, equipment, specimens and supplies to and from various locations within the hospital. Duties may include:
• Communicates with Nursing Units regarding patient transport;
• Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment;
• Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed;
• Assists to position patient including holding limbs for procedures including x-ray testing, and pre-operative and post-operative procedures, as instructed;
• Ensures patient comfort and readiness for transport to designated area;
• Transports deceased patients to the morgue;
• Cleans, stores, retrieves and returns supplies, instruments and equipment
How Will You Create Impact?
If you want to make a positive impact within your community, consider joining our team today! At Interior Health we strive to work together to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, inspired by innovation and partnership to elevate the health and well-being for all.
How Will We Help You Grow?
At Interior Health there is room to grow! While many of our Support Services positions may start as casual, there is an abundance of opportunity from within to grow your career and to secure permanent and/or temporary work. Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid vacation (minimum 4 weeks to start) and Municipal Pension Plan.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
*Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT.*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.