Who Are We Looking For?
Vernon Jubilee Hospital has an exciting opportunity for Staffing Coordinator to join their team! This is a Permanent Full-Time Position working Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00.
What Will You Work On?
In this role the primary focus it to be in charge of staffing and employee scheduling functions, including the approval of staff rotations entered into an electronic scheduling system. The Coordinator will supervise designated clerical employees by performing duties such as scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and evaluating employee performance.
Typical Duties may include (but are not limited to):
• Oversee departmental workflow by organizing operating procedures for a variety of clerical support functions and allocating work among designated staff
• Supervise staff as required by scheduling, coordinating and evaluating work assignments and determining related training and orientation
• Receive requests for relief coverage from units/department and make necessary calculations to determine availability of existing staff/patient ratios according to established guidelines
• Call in and allocate relief staff to fill temporary staffing requirements and maintains up to date records of relief staff for departments
• Receive and approve department requests, such as vacation and leave of absence
• Collaborate with Rotation Specialists on departmental master rotations based on a variety of factors including staff/patient ratios, collective agreement requirements, budgetary requirements etc.
• Approve staff rotations that are ready to be entered into electronic filing systems and make necessary adjustments
• Liaise with payroll regarding employee enquiries and make adjustment as needed
• Assist front line manager with scheduling calculations such as seniority and vacation entitlement
• Sets up and maintains filing systems
• Performs other related duties as assigned
What should your application include?
-Confirmation of completion of Grade 12
-Your Resume indicating five years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Staffing Coordinator and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: You’re going to love it here! Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Grab your bike, friends, and family, and enjoy the sweet smells of the outdoors as you explore. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with beaches, lakes, outdoor adventure, and orchards lush with fruit, fresh vegetables, and farmers markets galore! There are over 20 beaches where you can soak up the sun and have some water fun. And it doesn’t end there; enjoy live music, outdoor theatre, sports tournaments, wine festivals and golfing on world class courses from March to mid-November. The lifestyle opportunities continue when cooler weather just means a change to warmer clothes! Once the snow flies, marvel at the amazing snow sculptures at the winter carnival or strap on your skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation fun around. Make Vernon your home and enjoy all the wonders it has to offer.
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12, Plus
• Five years' recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work and set priorities.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.