Elkford Health Care Centre is looking for a Casual Medical Office Assistant to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of Medical Terminology knowledge;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical and cashier duties for medical staff under the general direction of the Site Manager, such as:
• Clerical duties - answering the telephone, scheduling patient appointments and maintaining records of appointments;
• Obtains medical information from patients and completes a variety of standard forms;
• Obtains patients’ charts, medical reports, lab results and x-rays;
• Receives/records payments and issues change and receipts;
• Types technical and non-technical material - correspondence, medical reports, statements, medical billings, revisions or dictating machines;
• Telephones or transmits test results and medical information to patients, physicians and others;
• Arranges referrals to other health care providers and books patient appointments with out of town specialists and diagnostic service agencies.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:30 – 16:30.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $25.75**
**Please submit your High School Diploma, a 5 min Typing Test (min. 40 wpm within past 48 months) and proof of Medical Terminology knowledge.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.