Interior Health is seeking a Permanent Full Time Clinical Dietitian to join the team at Boundary Regional Hospital; (BDH) in Grand Forks, B.C. This position works Monday-Friday with shift times of 08:30 to 16:30.
What Will You Work On?
The Dietitian liaises and advises food service staff on patient/client/resident care issues and menu development. The Dietitian provides input to the Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development of nutrition practice guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the facility and program.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts nutrition screening and assessment of patients, clients and residents utilizing established standards and guidelines and relevant biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
• Educates clients/families regarding the rationale and mechanics of the nutrition care plan as adapted to the clients' treatment modality, economic situation, eating habits, learning ability, and cultural background.
• Documents nutrition care plans, goals, and recommendations in the patient, client or resident chart in accordance with established standards/guidelines/regulations.
• Communicates with multidisciplinary team members and participates in patient/client/resident rounds and care conferences.
• Provides input to Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of nutrition practice guidelines, quality improvement initiatives and education materials/programs based on current literature/research.
• Serves on departmental/program/organizational committees and represents the department/program on external committees as required.
How Will You Make An impact?
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health. If you are passionate about making a positive impact within your community, apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a Clinical Dietitian that has their Restricted Activities A and C. The successful applicant should enjoy a fast-paced working environment and should be a self-starter or quick learner.
If you are an experienced Dietitian and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Two years of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
We welcome upcoming Nutrition Sciences new grads with eligibility to obtain Temporary Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.