Boundary Regional Hospital (BDH), located in in Grand Forks, B.C. has an immediate permanent, full time Clinical Dietitian opportunity.
With this opportunity comes a generous relocation allowance for new applicants seeking to join Interior Health and eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
For eligible existing staff **New financial incentive being offered** temporary quarterly retention bonus up to $2,000** For more details visit: New financial incentives launched for health-care staff in Grand Forks.
What we offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
This position works Monday to Friday with shift times of 08:30 to 16:30 hours. The Clinical Dietitian:
• Conducts nutrition screening and assessment of patients, clients and residents utilizing established standards and guidelines and relevant biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
• Educates clients/families regarding the rationale and mechanics of the nutrition care plan as adapted to the clients' treatment modality, economic situation, eating habits, learning ability, and cultural background.
• Documents nutrition care plans, goals, and recommendations in the patient, client or resident chart in accordance with established standards/guidelines/regulations.
• Communicates with multidisciplinary team members and participates in patient/client/resident rounds and care conferences.
• Consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams and acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health.
• Provides input to Professional Practice Leader or designate by participating in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of nutrition practice guidelines, quality improvement initiatives and education materials/programs based on current literature/research.
• Serves on departmental/program/organizational committees and represents the department/program on external committees as required.
Boundary District Hospital is a level 1 community hospital where the large team of healthcare professionals facilitate a range of interdisciplinary healthcare services including 24/7 Emergency, surgical services , inpatient care, community health programming as well as Laboratory and X-Ray.
Community: Grand Forks is a community of around 4,000 people, considered to be the ‘hub’ of the Kootenay Boundary Region and conveniently located within a couple of hours driving of two major centers Spokane and Kelowna. This charming town is surrounded by pristine water from the Granby and Kettle Rivers. With its strong community commitment to healthy living, affordability and great quality of life; Grand Forks offers four season living with recreational activities to match. Grand Forks’ cultural diversity is reflected in its local cuisine, artistry and many attractions and events.
Allied Health Careers with Interior Health
Join us in Grand Fork, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Two years of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $39.56 to $49.39.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.