Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital in Nelson, BC is looking for a Casual Booking / Cashier / Patient Registration Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of Medical Terminology knowledge;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Schedules and books outpatient appointments
• Patient Registration;
• Cashier duties: receives and records payments, balances cash journals, prepares journal entry, maintains petty cash;
• Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Clerical duties: sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence, typing, compiling and distributing various documents, data entry, filing system;
• Reception duties: answering telephone, directing calls, receiving and directing patients/visitors, responding to inquiries;
• Books and arranges meeting rooms, prints meeting room schedules;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days – 08:00 to 12:00, 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
**Please submit your High School Diploma, a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) and proof of Medical Terminology knowledge.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.