Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is looking for Relief Part Time Switchboard Operator / Registration Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing Proof of Completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties, such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
• Receives and directs patients and visitors;
• Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Maintains physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Patient registration;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 06:00 to 14:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 08:30 to 12:30, 14:00 to 22:00, 15:00 to 23:00
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), Please submit a High School Diploma, proof of completion of Medical Terminology Course, and a Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit a High School Diploma, Proof of Medical Terminology Course, and a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months).**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.