Join us in the sunny Southern Interior of BC for this amazing permanent part time (0.50FTE) Community Clinical Pharmacist II opportunity at the Kelowna Community Health Services Centre.
This position provides clinical pharmacy services to clients in a community care setting and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, assesses and recommends individualized treatments. This position acts as the primary resource for drug information, education and provides expert advice to health care professionals. The duties include monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs. Maintaining workload records and statistics is required.
This position works rotating day shifts.
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where clients are at the centre of care.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health…
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Love where you live, work and play. Apply today!
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of hospital experience and recognized advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.