We are seeking additional team members to join our Adult Day Services Program at Gateby in Vernon, B.C.
Working within a client centered model, the Recreation Therapy Worker works as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program.
As the Recreation Therapy Worker, you will carry out established individual or group leisure/recreation therapy programs such as; arts, socio-cultural events, crafts, sports, music, cooking, gardening, and exercises as directed. You will also set up and organize furnishings and equipment for programs and/or special events, porter’s residents to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to residents, and oversees the resident’s participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor. When attending resident programs outside of the facility and accompanies resident you will check that the resident has appropriate clothing and necessary funds for the outing, and confirm details of the program with the nursing staff or therapist.
Along with your organizational skills you will:
• Lead individual one to one sessions, groups, and large special events within the established recreation therapy program, adapts programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual, emotional needs of the residents, completes resident attendance list on a daily basis, and submits to designated supervisor for care conferencing reports and program evaluation.
• Assist with promotion and publicizing of programs and or special events, and is responsible for decorating home for seasonal changes.
• Assist volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs (1:1, small group, large group or special events).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Shifts are Monday – Friday with shift times of 08:00 - 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absences; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position.
If you are looking for a challenging career with a great work life balance, this position is for you. Apply Today!
• Grade 12
• Completion of a recognized recreation course(s).
• Two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid class 4 vehicle license as required.
*Along with your resume please provide copies of your completed recreation courses and class 4 DL
This posting is for casual work at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.