Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team?
Interior Health is seeking Medical Transcriptionists applications. The position transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties. Apply Today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minutes Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Medical Transcription Certificate – please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Important Note: The duties cannot be performed remotely and the successful applicant has to be available to work at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, BC.
Hours of work: Rotating Days and evenings: 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 16:00 to 23:59
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minutes Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
**Please submit a Medical TRANSCRIPTION Certificate and a Typing Test (min. 60 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.