Interior Health is seeking a Risk Management Analyst to join their team!
About the role:
The Risk Management Analyst supports risk management and legislative analysis within the scope of IH operations and guides claims management across the organization. The Risk Management Analyst reviews risk management scenarios as they arise, and guides and directs the response to ensure IH meets the requirements of relevant legislation.
The Risk Management Analyst is instrumental in both reactive and proactive risk management, by assessing risk events that have occurred and supporting the identification of emerging risks anywhere within the scope of IH operations.. In conjunction with other IH stakeholders, and consulting with external legal and insurance professionals as necessary, the incumbent guides IH’s response to risk events. The Risk Management Analyst also compiles data from a variety of sources and generates reports to identify key risk themes and trends. In conjunction with Risk Management colleagues, the incumbent examines the significance of potential risk events that have not yet occurred where raised by internal stakeholders, analyzes the likelihood and impact of occurrence, and advises key stakeholders as to the most appropriate approach to proactively mitigate, transfer, accept or avoid those risks. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in ensuring IH’s compliance with select legislative obligations as directed by the Leader, Risk Management.
Some typical duties of the position:
• Reviews risk events that have occurred and, in consultation with external legal counsel and insurers as necessary, provides guidance and direction to IH staff and physicians as to the most appropriate response in order to minimize the likelihood of reoccurrence and minimize IH’s liability.
• Proactively reviews potential risk events, analyzes the likelihood and impact of occurrence and proposes risk management strategies to mitigate, transfer, accept or avoid risk by; recommends process changes, leverages external partners or communicates with internal and external stakeholders.
• Works directly with Clinical Operations Leaders to facilitate the timely collection of risk event information and communicates with external legal counsel and the Health Care Protection Program (HCPP) in order to facilitate legal representation and insurance claim processing as necessary.
• Identifies, collects, and analyzes relevant information relating to current projects, and provides input and recommendations to the Risk Management team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications.
• Works collaboratively with Privacy, Policy and Risk Management colleagues and other IH stakeholders to develop and deliver Risk Management education.
• Maintains knowledge of current risk management best practices and changes in relevant legislation through participation in training (as directed by the Manager), provincial forums and monitoring policies and processes of BC Government Risk Management branch.
• Completes ad hoc reviews of policies and other documentation as requested by the Leader with a view to proactively managing risk and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
• Maintains and monitors Risk Management tracking system, compiling data from a variety of sources, and preparing reports that identify key risk themes and trends.
• Support the Risk Management team through day-to-day management of initiatives; provides
• progress monitoring and reporting; and assists with identification, management, mitigation/resolution of risks and issues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager based on operational need.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree in Health Information Science, Health Administration or another related discipline (e.g. law, business, nursing)
• Five to Seven years of recent, related experience
• Experience and/or training in Privacy and/or FOI an asset
• Experience and/or certification in Risk Management an asset
• Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of risk management concepts, tools, and methods and in depth knowledge of current and relevant legislation.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of a large complex organization from senior leadership to front line operational staff.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and deliver education and training programs/ initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team including successful application of collaborative approaches to problem solving and workload.
• Good knowledge of record keeping practices and basic understanding of operational practices across the spectrum of services provided by IH.
• Strong administrative skills including knowledge of Microsoft office suite business applications, electronic information systems and information management processes.
• Project management experience and abilities an asset.
• Ability to remain organized and on task while handling multiple priorities.
• Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work unsupervised and independently to manage projects and meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to drive a vehicle and must have a valid class 5 BC Driver’s License, ability to travel as required operationally.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 59K to 66K and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.