Interior Health is seeking a dynamic and diverse Relief Part-Time (0.60 FTE) Clinical Dietitian covering Outpatient clients throughout the South Okanagan.
This is a Home Health position based out of the Penticton Health Centre, covering Home Health clients in Summerland, Penticton, Keremeos, Princeton, and OK Falls. This position will provide coverage until October 2023, or return of incumbent. Schedule is Wednesday, Thursday and alternate Mondays 9:00 to 17:00 hours. Local travel is required in this role within the Penticton area. Access to personal vehicle is required.
What Will You Work On?
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Clinical Dietitian provides services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs. They are familiar with individualizing care plans to consider the patients treatment modality, economic situation, eating habits, learning ability, and cultural background.
How Will You Make An impact?
The Home Health Clinical Dietitian provides expertise in a wide variety of conditions requiring medical nutrition therapy throughout the lifespan of clients from pediatrics, adults and older adults.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Who Are We Looking For?
The successful applicant should enjoy a fast-paced working environment and should be a self-starter or quick learner. They should demonstrate the ability to prioritize daily responsibilities and always provide a patient-centered focus.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
• An exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills.
• Opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• One year of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
• Valid BC Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
Job Posting Updated August 15, 2022
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.