Interior Health is seeking a patient focused; team oriented Registered Nurse to join our medical team at the Cariboo Memorial Hospital in beautiful Williams Lake, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care
• Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
• Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Include messaging that casual is self-scheduling? Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
About this location/unit:
At CMH, there is a strong commitment toward staff development and encouraging growth. Teamwork is an essential component of our daily activities. This is a very busy 20 bed acute medical-surgical unit, co-located with Obstetrics. The unit supports 6 specialists and has a high patient turnover with an average length of stay of 4 days.
See why working in Williams Lake as a healthcare professional is such a great opportunity!
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.