is looking for a Casual Program / Leave Management Assistant to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the planning and processing of employee vacation and leave information and performs registration and cashier duties as required. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
• Coordinates meetings, as directed, by booking meeting rooms and relevant equipment, arranging catering, sending out meeting requests, and typing and circulating agendas and relevant supporting material;
• Coordinates travel arrangements as directed, by booking and confirming flights, vehicles and accommodation as required;
• Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
• Performs patient registration duties and cashier related duties as required;
• Provides relevant/required information to the Purchasing Department in order for a consultant contract to be generated;
• Maintains office supply inventory and required support material by placing orders, receiving and storing supplies and generating purchase orders;
• Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data, developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs using appropriate software;
• Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems;
• Prepares and maintains web based communications and program/department intranet site and/or sharepoint site from general instruction using appropriate software;
• As required, reviews and verifies entitlement for all vacation, leave of absence, and banked time requests;
• Updates and maintains vacation planning calendars, tracking spreadsheets and tools.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 08:20 to 11:04, 11:04 to 14:41
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit your High School Diploma and a Typing Test (min. 55 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.