If you are a dynamic and highly professional individual who enjoys working as part of a close-knit and high-functioning team, we have a career opportunity for you within our Diabetes Education team in Vernon. This position is a relief part time (0.79FTE) until February 23, 2024 or return of incumbent. This position works days Monday to Thursday from 08:00-16:00 hours.
As the Diabetes Education Nurse within our multidisciplinary team, you will work with people of all ages and with all stages of diabetes. In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, you will practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as well as within a client and family centered care model. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for providing diabetes education and participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the Diabetes Education/Chronic Disease Program.
Our benefits package includes:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
If you have honed your nursing skills and are enthusiastic about your practice, we would love to chat with you. Come to Interior Health and make a difference in people’s lives while loving what you do! Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current, valid Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification (CDE) or
o Completion of the Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program from Michener Institute.
• Current, valid BC Driver’s License.
• Two years’ recent related clinical experience including: one year experience assessing, treating, and educating patients, family members, and others about diabetes using a self-management support approach; and experience providing formal, adult, group education; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.