We are seeking a Permanent Full Time Professional Practice Leader – Medical Imaging to join our team at the Elk Valley Hospital in Fernie, B.C.
What Will You Work On?
This position carries a workload of administrative/operational responsibilities and providing direct patient care. As the Professional Practice Leader you will be accountable for administration, supervision, planning and budgeting of Medical Imaging Services and advising on such matters as budget, workload, labour relations, and personnel. You will be responsible for interpretation and implementation on all regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to Medical Radiography. Within the Professional Practice component, this role ensures standards for Medical Radiography Technologists are consistent with regulatory, accrediting body standards and relevant legislation; in addition to providing clinical guidance to the technologists practicing in the facility.
How Will You Create Impact?
Elk Valley Hospital is a Community Hospital in the East Kootenay health service area. Located in Fernie, south east BC, the hospital offers services including inpatient, obstetrics, and emergency. The successful applicant will be making an impact in multiple communities across the region.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Tailored orientation to successful applicant, position, department and hospital. We will provide opportunities for professional growth. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. We offer generous vacation entitlement and Pension Plan. Relocation allowance is offered to eligible new employees We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an experienced Medical Radiography Technologist with experience in leading others and who can be an advocate for the profession.
• Graduate of an accredited medical radiological technology program.
• Must have current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
• Successful completion of a recognized management program such as, Hospital Departmental Management course by CHA (Canadian Hospital Association), Health Care Management Certificate by BCIT (B.C. Institute of Technology), etc.
• Five years recent experience in performing general radiological / Diagnostic Imaging procedures including three years of supervisory experience.
• Valid BC driver’s license.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.