We are presently seeking a reliable and motivated Recreation Therapy Worker to join our team at East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rate of pay is $28.74 per hour.
As the Recreation Therapy Worker you will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team, within a client centered model, and are responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program. A Class 4 is need to also assist with community outings. This is a Permanent Full Time opportunity with shift times: 10:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday.
You will carry out established individual or group leisure/recreation therapy programs such as; arts, socio-cultural events, crafts, sports, music, cooking, gardening, and exercises as directed. You will also set up and organize furnishings and equipment for programs and/or special events, porter’s residents to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to residents, and oversees the resident’s participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor. When attending resident programs outside of the facility and accompanies resident you will check that the resident has appropriate clothing and necessary funds for the outing, and confirm details of the program with the nursing staff or therapist.
Along with your organizational skills you will:
• Lead individual one to one sessions, groups, and large special events within the established recreation therapy program, adapts programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual, emotional needs of the residents, completes resident attendance list on a daily basis, and submits to designated supervisor for care conferencing reports and program evaluation.
• Assist with promotion and publicizing of programs and or special events, and is responsible for decorating home for seasonal changes.
• Assist volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs (1:1, small group, large group or special events).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a challenging career with a great work life balance, this position in Cranbrook is for you.
• Grade 12
• Completion of a recognized recreation course(s).
• Two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid class 4 vehicle license is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.