Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has an immediate permanent, full time Staff Anesthesia Assistant opening.
With this opportunity comes a relocation allowance for new applicants seeking to join Interior Health and eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
What we offer:
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is a tertiary hospital with 400+ acute care beds and is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services. The Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC) is KGH’s principal surgical site and features 19 functioning OR theatres where two function per evening. Two OR theatres are dedicated to Cardiac Surgery and one Hybrid Room features a floor mounted fluro machine. Surgical procedures include: Cardiac, Ortho Trauma, Obs/Gyne, Pediatrics, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Thoracic, Vascular, Orthopedics, Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, ENT, Dental, and Urology.
As a member of the KGH Operating Room team, you will perform technical duties related to anesthesia such as testing, preparing and maintaining anesthesia equipment and supplies. And perform clinical duties related to assisting Anesthesiologists with the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia.
We are a team of Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists, Staff Anesthesia Assistants and Nursing staff who pride ourselves on being a supportive group delivering the highest quality of care in a complex high acuity environment. Apply today to live work and play where others only vacation!
Find your perfect fit with Interior Health in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. Contact our Recruiter for more information: Careers@interiorhealth.ca
• Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy.
• Completion of an accredited post-graduate Anesthesia Assistant diploma program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT)
• Current certificates in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
• Three years’ recent related experience is an asset.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $40.53 to $50.62
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.