We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Worker to join our dedicated and supportive team at Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre.
The Maintenance Worker V performs trades duties approaching the journeyman level in one or a variety of trades areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations and supervises Maintenance Workers and other designated staff.
Some typical duties of the position;
• Constructs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by framing, applying and finishing materials such as drywall, wood paneling and floor coverings. Designs, constructs and repairs furniture, cabinets, desks, tables and shelves.
• Performs plastering, painting and decorating by selecting and applying a variety of paint, plaster and wall coverings, for both minor building renovations and general maintenance.
• Performs electrical and mechanical repair to equipment such as washers, dryers and plant equipment by replacing and/or repairing items such as drive units, electric motors, control valves, seals and bearings.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures and systems such as taps, sinks, and toilets by extending and/or changing water supply lines, waste lines and plumbing fittings.
• Supervises maintenance workers and other designated staff by performing duties such as directing, scheduling and coordinating work assignments related to construction and project work and evaluating employee performance; determining related training and orientation requirements.
• Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
• Maintains building integrity by performing maintenance to doors and windows and their related hardware including closures, hinges and security mechanisms. Performs lock maintenance by re-keying, re-pinning, code-cutting and key duplicating.
• Maintains materials and supplies pertinent to job/work area.
• Maintains applicable equipment and tools in safe working order by scheduled cleaning, adjustments and repairs. Makes necessary repairs by part replacement, welding and final testing.
• Performs other general maintenance and repair duties related to building, grounds and equipment in a variety of areas as required/assigned.
• Maintains log book of all activities, preventative maintenance work, test results, etc.
• Operates Interior Health vehicle to pickup, deliver and/or transport supplies, building materials, and/or equipment as required.
• Participates in departmental meetings, training sessions and quality assurance programs as required/directed.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• 4 weeks’ vacation
• Insurance premiums paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Grade 10, plus four years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.