Who Are We Looking For?
The Queen Victoria Hospital in Revelstoke, B.C. is looking for Casual Food Service Workers to join their team! We are looking for team members with a flexible schedule who are available to work rotating days and evenings (including weekends and holidays when required) with shift start times ranging from 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 14:30, 10:00 to 18:00, 14:30 to 20:00. If you are hard working, compassionate, and have a patient-centric focus on care....Apply today!
What Will You Work On?
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation; counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area; washing and peeling vegetables and fruit; assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels; washing dishes and utensils; setting up and delivering meal carts; and cleaning of food service areas.
How Will You Create Impact?
If you want to make a positive impact within your community, consider joining our team today! At Interior Health we strive to work together to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, inspired by innovation and partnership to elevate the health and well-being for all. You can make a real difference within our Support Services teams, click here learn more
How Will We Help You Grow?
At Interior Health there is room to grow! While many of our Support Services positions may start as casual, there is an abundance of opportunity from within to grow your career and to secure permanent and/or temporary work. Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid vacation (minimum 4 weeks to start for full time) and Municipal Pension Plan for eligible employees.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
*Please Upload you Food Service Certificate*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.