Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre is looking for Casual Patient Registration / Cashier / Health Records Clerks! Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Completes Patient Registration documentation for the admission of patients by interviewing patients, relatives or friends to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility;
• Explains Admission form, eligibility policies, room differentials and obtains signatures on forms as required;
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Requisitions diagnostic tests and procedures;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Performs accounts receivable duties, receiving and inputting charges/payments, posting billing information and issuing change and receipts;
• Identifies available bed booking options and communicates these options;
• Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Assembles charts/files, identifies and processes corrections in medical records, release of information, calculating and maintaining statistics, entering information into appropriate registries and databases;
• Retrieves, organizes and maintains filing systems for patient records, reports, paper and electronic documentation;
• Reviews admission/discharge forms or reports for correct insurance classification
• Performs hospital switchboard duties as required;
• Provides information and directions to visitors and handles telephone inquiries such as patient room numbers and visiting hours;
• Produces a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, medical reports, forms, medical billings from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
• Receives, opens and redirects the hospital’s incoming mail;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Days: 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
**Please submit your High School Diploma, a 5 min Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 24 months) and proof of Medical Terminology Course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.