Interior Health (IH) is hiring a Recreation Therapy Student to join the Recreation Therapy team at the Pleasant Valley Manor facility in Armstrong, B.C.
This is an approximate four-month term casual position. Hours of work per week may vary.
The Recreation Therapy Worker Summer Student works as a member of the interdisciplinary team and assists with the implementation and evaluation of established Recreation Therapy Programs.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the Recreation Therapy Worker (RTW) in the implementation of Recreation Therapy programs.
2. Assists the RTW with promotion and publicizing of programs or special events and assist with seasonal decorating of the care home. This could include monthly calendars, posters, signs, etc.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned by the RTW &/or the Recreation Therapist.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 12.
• Previous volunteer experience as a volunteer in a Long Term Care Facility or similar is an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with other effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Effective time management
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to problem solve
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.