If you are a Registered Nurse with Hemodialysis education/training and experience, we have a temporary full-time opportunity until January 8, 2024 or return of incumbent, in our Kelowna team. Days of work are rotating and shifts are days and evenings: 07:00 to 19:00, 10:45 to 22:45, 14:45 to 22:45. This position also requires participation in the overnight on-call (22:45-06:45) which is usually two shifts per month.
The responsibilities of this position include the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in a primary care setting. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
As a B.C. top employer, Interior Health offers progressive and diverse workplaces, a network of welcoming multi-disciplinary colleagues and a range of benefits and services to support you:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining salary
• Employer paid benefits, vacation & sick time
• Training and career development opportunities
The vibrant city of Kelowna offers so much to enjoy! Vineyards, orchards, golfing, hundreds of hiking and biking trails, amazing beaches and a diverse arts and culture scene situated on stunning Okanagan Lake and not forgetting multiple winter resorts right on our doorstep. Live, work and play where others only vacation.
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Completion of a recognized Nephrology Nursing program plus two years recent related nursing experience, or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience.
• Current BCLS certification required.
• Valid BC Driver’s License required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.