Interior Health is hiring two permanent full time Data Engineers to join their team!
** The worksite location for this position is flexible within British Columbia **
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partners with business representatives, data subject area experts, and report developers to create and maintain data pipeline architectures supplying data warehouse services including exploration, data standardization, optimization, access, maintenance, monitoring, and automation.
2. Partners with infrastructure departments to supply database services including installation, access, maintenance, monitoring, optimization, and automation.
3. Supplies day to day technical support for requirement gathering, data management, and lifecycle management as database, data pipeline, and data warehouse subject matter experts.
4. Partners with data governance, information security, and information privacy departments to ensure solutions meet architecture best practice, policy, and regulatory requirements.
5. Works within ITIL Service Delivery framework for incident management, service requests, change control, and management of configuration items and knowledge bases.
6. Participates in data engineering and associated communities sharing knowledge and guidance to peers and colleagues ensuring existing processes are kept current, developing new processes, and help increase data and analytics competencies for the organization.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline, Masters preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• SQL coding skills.
• Source controls best practices.
• Familiarity with the underlying server operating systems, networks, active directory, command line, and automation.
• Cloud or related technical certifications is an asset.
• Course work in a health-related area or experience working in the healthcare field is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
• Analytics Service Awareness: contribute to end-to-end service from service strategy to service delivery and improvement.
• Database Design: produce a detailed data model for a database.
• Database Management: create, access, and maintain a database.
• Information Systems Design: analyze and design information systems, concentrating on entities and their attributes and interrelationships; also includes data modeling for individual databases and the corporate data model, as well as coordinating the definition of data across multiple distinct databases.
• Information Architecture and Development: define how information and information systems support business goals.
• Information Integration: integrate information and content from multiple sources and channels.
• Business Analysis: find business needs and figure out solutions to business problems.
• Information Analysis and Insight Generation: understand the meaning of structured and unstructured business information and support generating insight from it.
• Adhere to and support the development of policies, guidelines, procedures for information usage and dissemination.
• Maintain connections with honest and trustworthy collaborations over a range of audiences and channels.
• Start new work and carry-on job duties without direct supervision.
• Maintain agility, resiliency, and intellectual rigor in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• General knowledge of current healthcare issues and health information standards.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from two Aboriginal Employment Advisors. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisors.
Starting salary is approximately from 77K to 87K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.