Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Project Full Time Pandemic Response Laboratory Office Assistant to join their team. Apply Today!
The is a temporary position that will end on December 31, 2022.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Medical Terminology course
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization, this position reviews and processes test requisitions by reading and interpreting written or verbal instructions from physicians, completing requisition forms and entering data into the Laboratory Information System (LIS). Typical Duties include:
• Review and processes test requisitions
• Receives, sorts, numbers and prepares specimens
• Receives referred in specimens from other laboratories
• Performs clerical duties such as filing pathology reports and slides, coordinating, packaging and mailing slides, blocks and reports to outside facilities as necessary
• Answers incoming telephone calls, directs calls and responds to inquiries of a general nature
• Receives, opens, and re-directs incoming mail
• Faxes, mails and distributes reports for the laboratory area
• Assists in maintaining established levels of required laboratory supplies
• Assists with orienting new staff
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Shift Type(s): Days, Evenings
Shift Times: 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00
Days Of Work: Rotating
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, medical terminology and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please upload proof of Medical Terminology course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.