Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Permanent Full Time Laboratory Clerk to join their team. Apply Today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution,
(ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Medical Terminology course
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization the Laboratory Clerk performs data entry functions; receives, sorts and verifies specimens against requisition/physicians' orders; accessions specimens; provides clerical and receptionist duties such as answering the telephone and filing for the department. Typical duties include:
• Performs clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, performing computer entry, filing, telephoning, faxing, and invoicing;
• Receives and registers patients by obtaining necessary information for patient data and test entry into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) according to established procedures. Explains sample collection procedures to and answers related questions of patients;
• Receives, processes, and prepares (centrifuges) patient samples in accordance with established procedures;
• Prioritizes workflow and prepares (packages) samples for send-out in accordance with all transportation regulations and procedure;
• Mails and distributes patient reports as require;
• Distributes, files, retrieves, and disposes of laboratory specimens, slides, and blocks;
• Assists with orienting new staff
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Shift Type(s): Days, Evenings
Shift Times: 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00
Days Of Work: Rotating
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, medical terminology and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please upload a 5 minute Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution and proof of Medical Terminology course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.