Interior Health is seeking a casual Recreation Therapist to join our team in Armstrong, BC.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, within the context of a client and resident centered care model, and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, the Recreation Therapist provides recreation and leisure programs/activities one on one and in groups to clients.
The Recreation Therapist also:
• Assesses clients' recreation and leisure needs, develops and coordinates the delivery of therapeutic recreation plans and evaluates outcomes/objectives.
• Performs recreation/leisure assessments to create therapeutic recreation programs that benefit the clients’ health, functional status, personal development and quality of life.
• Documents behavioural and functional observations. Develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans in collaboration with others.
• Monitors clients' progress, revisits goals, identifies accomplishments and sets/revises time lines to ensure objectives are met.
• Collaborates with Occupational/ Rehabilitation staff, other health care professionals, social and recreational agencies/groups in the resolution of client program issues.
• Contributes to the organization and delivery of Recreation Therapy services, and participates in designated quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education, as required.
• Provides input to the Manager by participating in the development of laboratory guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the department.
• Performs administrative duties as required.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Typical shifts of work are Mondays through Fridays, with shift times of 08:00 to 15:42.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy
• Two years recent related experience.
• Eligible for professional membership with the B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA).
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.