Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Clinical Informatics Analyst II to join our team in Kelowna. This position will work with the Physician and Emergency Systems team to support physicians across Interior Health, and our Emergency and Trauma Services Network. Responsibilities will include supporting medical staff with clinical information systems (CIS); medical documentation/reports and dictation software; physician engagement and training; and providing feedback on effectiveness of current methods and areas for improvement.
What will you work on?
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Responsible for clinical and health information systems throughout the software life cycle including the following:
• Conducting requirements analysis/needs assessments for a defined department/program area by conducting user interviews, assessing information flows, and understanding business processes.
• Installing, configuring and testing clinical and health information systems.
• Developing and documenting systems processes and procedures.
• Preparing implementation plans and schedules including estimating resource estimates.
• Monitoring and reporting progress for duties and responsibilities.
• Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems.
2. Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
3. Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to clinical and health information software applications.
4. Serves as the primary contact person for assigned clinical service area(s) regarding software applications.
5. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
6. Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
7. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.