Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, BC is looking for a Permanent Full Time Medical Transcriptionist.....Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED);
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate. Please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties, such as:
• Ensures content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies
• Performs basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems
• Assists physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation
• Performs a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts; etc
• Carries out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines.
• Responds to inquiries for patient information
• Compiles, prints, and distributes statistical reports
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings: 08:00 to 16:00, 16:00 to 00:00.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a typing test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
***Option for Flexible Work Location
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit a Medical TRANSCRIPTIONIST Certificate and a Typing Test (min. 60 wpm within past 48 months) from a recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.