Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is seeking to expand its Medical Imaging team and is inviting applications from Cardiac Sonographers.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Work will be available on a short-notice, on-call bases and/or blocks of shifts pre-scheduled to relieve leaves of absences. Opportunity to apply for Regular employment positions within the Internal Recruitment job posting process. Shifts will be Days, Evenings and/or Nights.
What Will You Work On?
The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties while working in collaboration with Radiologists, Cardiologists, Physicians and other health care professionals. Some typical duties include:
• Receiving, verifying and processing requisitions from Physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
• Performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols. Performing related calculations and technical analysis to aid Physicians in the interpretation of scans.
• Organizing workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
• Monitoring patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
Ultrasound equipment consists of: • Philips IE33, GE Vivid S6 • Meditech HIS • McKesson CPACs
How Will You Create Impact?
The successful applicant with work within the hospital’s Echo Lab. The Echo Lab is part of a large Diagnostic Cardiology Department, which includes Interior Health’s Regional Heart Cath Lab and Angioplasty Program, ECG, Stress Testing, Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, and Cardiac Device Clinic. Services include Adult and Pediatric Echo, Stress Echo (Treadmill, Bike, Dobutamine), Transesophageal Echo, Contrast and Bubble Echo. Approximately 11,500 inpatient and outpatient Echo exams performed annually.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Our Diagnostic Cardiac team provides an exceptional professional environment for Medical Imaging and offers the opportunity to join a healthcare team dedicated to excellent clinical and communication skills, professionalism, and commitment to teamwork. We have a future of unparalleled opportunity for professional growth.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a team player with great patient care and exceptional communication skills! The successful applicant needs to be flexible as the environment is ever changing.
If this wonderful career opportunity fits your style, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Adult and Peds Echo) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers as required for the assigned practice area.
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.