Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Information Security Architect to join our Information Management & Information Technology team.
** The worksite location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health Region.
About the Role / What will the person work on?
Primary focus will be on development and expansion of the vulnerability management and development/alignment of Standards with NIST Cybersecurity Framework. The individual will help to shape the information security practice within the health authority. More of an influencer than in the trenches.
The Information Security Architect plays a key role in assisting Interior Health (IH) departments and staff with security compliance by providing initial intake, assessment, and prioritization of requests for IMIT Information Security Services and/or events requiring incident response prioritizing based on risk and urgency, ensuring that work activities are logged and tracked and that higher priority events are appropriately escalated. The Information Security Architect secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
The Information Security Architect will understand all the factors that make up an infrastructure security posture, including security operations, technical configurations, business needs and industry best practices, and apply these factors to ensure IHA has a sound information security ecosystem. The position also helps coordinate investigations for security-related incidents and policy violations as well as participates as a key member of an integrated breach response team. The Information Security Architect deals with sensitive and critical situations and provides training and education on IH’s security procedures, policies, and standards at all levels of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who has a passion for information security. Ideally they have experience in enterprise or healthcare. Keeping on the forefront of cutting edge knowledge and technology in the information security space. We can support a position that is remote but located within the Interior Health region for the right individual.
How will they create an impact?
Develop key relationships and strategies to improve the organizations resilience to threats.
How will we help them grow?
Our team members enjoy a friendly environment with peer professionals. There will be opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and platforms with support for education.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree program in Computer Science, plus five (5) to seven (7) years of recent, related experience working with Windows desktop and server technologies in a large, enterprise, public sector and/or health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Preferred completion of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other recognized information security certification.
• Comprehensive knowledge of information security principles, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with professionalism, tact, confidentiality, and discretion.
• Knowledge of electronic information systems and information management processes (ITIL).Comprehensive knowledge of core security technologies including firewalls, anti-viruses, intrusion prevention, encryption, and web content filtering.
• Investigative and analytical skills to research, analyze, and interpret data and information from a variety of disparate sources.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize, complete assignments, and schedule activities.
• Advanced proficiency in business applications, Microsoft Office Suite, databases, internet/intranet, and report writing.
• Ability to set priorities and work unsupervised in a complex environment.
• Ability to drive a vehicle and must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Starting salary is approximately from 77K to 87K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.