Ponderosa Lodge is seeking to grow its Occupational Therapy team and is hiring a new Casual team member. Ponderosa Lodge embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. The resident care beds at this centre consists of 43 Regular beds and 48 Short Stay beds.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Days of work will be on a weekday basis Mondays through Fridays.
An Occupational Therapist will work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education. You will work with the long term care team to optimize access and flow across the healthcare continuum for clients. Your role will also align with the Ministry of Health goal of maintaining clients at home with the support they need.
• Support and knowledge sharing from an established interdisciplinary team.
• Being apart of the Home Health transformational work to ensure a team based care approach for each home health client.
• Numerous educational opportunities are available as part of this transformation work.
• Receiving 12.6% additional straight time pay in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays.
• Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
• Opportunities to apply for Regular employment openings through the Internal Recruitment job postings.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who works well within the team but also able to work independently with good people and communication skills. Ability to coach and educate clients. Willing to learn new skills.
Explore an Allied Health Career at Interior Health!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
We welcome applicants with provisional registration and upcoming Masters of Occupational Therapy new grads to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.