Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Full Time Support Services Supervisor for Boundary & District Hospital in beautiful Grand Forks, BC.
**Please Note** Only candidates who have graduated from an approved Food Service Supervision diploma program will be considered. CSNM registration is an asset**i]
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and coordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 07:30 to 15:30
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision and Food Safe certificate*
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.