Interior Health Accounts Receivable Department in Kamloops, BC is looking for a Casual Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team! If you have graduated from Grade 12, successfully completed a recognized accounting course, and have a current 5 minute typing test of 45 wpm or greater....Apply today!
This Kamloops office is home to the centralized corporate Billing and Accounts Receivable department for the entire health authority. The department handles many billing and receivable functions ranging from physician recovery billings to in-hospital care, residential and home support collections to name a few. Casual hires are provided two to three months of full time work for training and education relating to our multi-faceted program areas. We also maintain a very active select group of casuals, which means great opportunities for growth.
Come and work on a team that promotes respect, integrity, quality and trust. We will provide you with ample orientation and many opportunities to work up to fulltime here on our team. We look forward to hearing from you, come and join our winning team where we value work life balance!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of a recognized accounting course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of recognized Accounting Course(s);
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk performs clerical duties including:
• Generates billings and statements of account from the computer, or manually;
• Posts charges and payments to the Accounts Receivable subledger;
• Collects accounts in accordance with policies and procedures:
• Follows up on overdue accounts by initiating and responding to correspondence and telephone contacts from patients, agencies, and insurers.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Please submit a copy of a completed Accounting Course and a 5 min Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from a recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.