Interior Health is hiring a Casual Food Service Supervisor at the Kelowna General Hospital.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and coordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in coordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Hours of work: Rotating days and evenings from 06:00 to 14:00, 06:00 to 14:13, 12:00 to 20:00, and 12:00 to 20:13.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision and Food Safe certificate*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.