We are seeking Cardiology Technologists to join our team in Trail and Nelson, BC!
About the role:
As the Cardiology Technologist at this site, you would work independently to perform duties related to cardiology testing. This may typically include techniques relating to Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, MIBI scans, stress testing, Holter and event recorders and pacemaker monitoring and other types of diagnostic cardiac equipment.
This position could provide relief for both Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail and Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson, BC.
Some typical duties of the role;
• Explains procedures to prepare patients for testing such as ECG, stress testing, Holter monitoring, pacemaker monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and related tests and answers related questions.
• Performs a variety of non-invasive examinations such as ECG, stress testing and Holter and event monitoring and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring by attaching electrodes to the patient, operating equipment, analyzing and recording relevant data for interpretation by cardiologist and/or internist.
• Explains cardiac pacemaker screen system to patients, monitors cardiac pacemakers and notifies cardiologist and/or internist of abnormalities; contacts patients by telephone for repeat recordings as required.
• Monitors patients and scans test strips during cardiograms and stress tests and takes appropriate action upon recognition of cardiac arrhythmias or other abnormalities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Scans and analyzes ECG, stress, Holter and event monitor, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring test strips. Selects and assesses appropriate portions of test strips and summarizes for interpretation by medical staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Transfers and assigns ECGs in ECG Cardiology Management systems (i.e. Tracemaster) for interpretation by medical staff.
• Demonstrates ECG testing procedures and operation of related equipment as required.
• Monitors ongoing departmental activity levels and assists fellow staff to meet requests for service.
• Maintains statistics and files completed reports.
• Maintains equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing items such as paper rolls, electrodes, and leads.
• Participates in Quality Management and/or Quality Assurance programs (including LEAN projects/initiatives) by providing information and input to Manager (or designate)
• Participates in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students by assisting with departmental orientations, in-service presentations, demonstrating procedures and answering questions, as required.
• Maintains and updates own clinical knowledge within area of practice.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Shifts are Rotating Days, Shifts times are: 07:00 to 14:30, 08:00 to 14:30, 08:00 to 15:30, 07:00 to 11:00, 07:00 to 12:00, 09:00 to 15:42
About the community:
Located on the banks of the Columbia River, the quaint city of Trail is known for being the commercial, financial and industrial center of the South Kootenay region. If you love the great outdoors and wish to be part of an amazing community, then this is the place to be!
This worksite also offers easy access to the neighbouring communities of Rossland, Castlegar and Nelson. Long, hot summers and mild winters in a four season playground. Apply today!
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
It’s more than a career, it’s a lifestyle. Apply Today!
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized Diploma program in Cardiology Technology plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current certification with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
Please include relevent certificates with your application
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.