We are seeking reliable and motivated Practical Nurses to join our passionate, energetic care teams in beautiful Lillooet and Lytton, B.C. Our care team members exemplify a person-centered philosophy designed to support peoples’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible.
As the Licensed Practical Nurse, you will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team performing assessments and planning, implementing and providing personal and nursing care to patients. You will also administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
These are Casual opportunities. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary, and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. If your goal is a regular line, there are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to a long career in a regular position so this is a great place to start. Or if you just want to keep a flexible schedule while picking up lots of hours, one of these positions may be right for you too!
We hire LPNs to work in our long-term care facilities, on our home supports and home health teams, and of course in our hospitals as well! If you’re interested in working in any of these roles with Interior Health, apply today and we will be in touch directly to discuss current opportunities that fit best for you!
This region boasts dry climates, relaxing lifestyles and affordable housing. It’s a destination of unique and exciting adventures, and the mild seasons of the area make it a wonderful playground, abounding with magnificent scenery.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required. *Please upload a copy of your valid CPR certificate with your application*
• Current valid BC Driver’s License (required for community/home health positions only)
Please ensure you upload a copy of your resume or CV and cover letter along with a copy of any relevant information showing that you qualify for the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.