Who Are We Looking For?
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a Project Position Part Time Unit Support Worker (0.71 FTE) to join their team! The successful candidate will have completed Grade 12, have one year's recent experience, and a typing test of 40+ words per minute from an accredited source. This position works a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays when the rotation requires it) from
07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00
This position assists and transports patients, their personal belongings, equipment, specimens and supplies to and from various locations within the hospital. Duties may include:
• Communicates with Nursing Units regarding patient transport;
• Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment;
• Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed;
• Assists to position patient including holding limbs for procedures including x-ray testing, and pre-operative and post-operative procedures, as instructed;
• Ensures patient comfort and readiness for transport to designated area;
• Transports deceased patients to the morgue;
• Cleans, stores, retrieves and returns supplies, instruments and equipment
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
Ability to organize work.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.