Interior Health is currently hiring a relief full time MEDITECH Technical Support Analyst IIto join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) team at the Kelowna Warehouse (REIDS) in Kelowna, B.C. This relief is until July 4, 2022 or return of the incumbent.
Hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:00
This position participates in the evaluation, planning, development, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of MEDITECH Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) in use at the Interior and Northern Health Authorities. The MEDITECH Technical Support Analyst II will provide technical and consultative support and training to end-users and departmental staff within Interior and Northern Health where appropriate.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides technical support and consultation, participates in the development, design, implementation and systems administration of all MEDITECH Health Care Information Systems utilized in Interior Health; follows standard corporate project management methodologies; consults with client departments to meet corporate health care delivery objectives.
2. Conducts daily system monitoring using prescribed tools and methodologies to achieve optimal performance and availability of production and test environments.
3. Participates in system maintenance activities such as Microsoft security patching, code level upgrades (Ring Release and Priority Pack), hardware reconfigurations and expansions. Activities during these events involve HCIS shutdown, system validation, HCIS startup and functional testing.
4. Consults with client departments and other IMIT personnel in troubleshooting system performance issues that affect end user experience.
5. Develops and executes test plans to assess the readiness of system upgrades prior their introduction into the Interior and Northern Health production HCIS.
6. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies, software and utilities by performing duties such as reviewing and analyzing vendor-supplied software; working closely and communicating with vendor technical personnel and determining optimum system configuration required for the specific application.
7. Develops and maintains technical operating documentation, procedures and guidelines for the ongoing maintenance and growth of MEDITECH systems operations. Provides training to IMIT technical personnel and end-users by performing duties such as planning, coordinating and preparing instructional materials and providing in-service training.
8. Acts as a third line support person for problem calls as required; trouble-shoots software and hardware problems; liaises and refers to other IMIT staff or vendors as appropriate to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
9. Maintains working knowledge of current tools and techniques used in the information technology environment by methods such as researching on the Internet, technical journals, and industry related materials, meeting with vendors, identifying and planning for the impacts of future change.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized two year computer systems technology diploma
• Three years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.