We have a permanent, part-time Physiotherapist opportunity at Ponderosa Lodge. Ponderosa Lodge embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. The beds at Ponderosa consist of: 43 Regular beds and 48 Short Stay beds
Schedule consists Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 08:00 to 16:00 hours. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus generous vacation. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
What Will You Work On?
A Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. The Physiotherapist contributes goals of the department and participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
How Will You Create Impact?
• Work with the long term care team to optimize access and flow across the healthcare continuum for these clients.
• Align with the Ministry of Health goal of maintaining clients at home with the support they need.
How Will We Help You Grow?
• Support and knowledge sharing from an established interdisciplinary team.
• Be part of the Home Health transformational work to ensure a team based care approach for each home health client.
• Numerous educational opportunities are available as part of this transformation work.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a Physiotherapist who works well within the team but also able to work independently with good people and communication skills. Ability to coach and educate clients. Willing to learn new skills.
Explore an Allied Health Career at Interior Health!
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
We welcome applicants with Interim registration and upcoming Masters of Physical Therapy new grads to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.