Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Ambulatory Care team at PENTICTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL in beautiful Penticton, B.C.! If you are a Registered Nurse who has completed the required certification program and has recent related clinical experience, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
This nursing opportunity is working within the Minor Procedures area of the Ambulatory Care Department and is a position responsible for assisting physicians with minor surgical procedures and client care. Days of work will be Monday to Fridays where shifts are scheduled during the Day (i.e. 07:00 to 15:00 hours, 07:30 to 15:30 hours).
About this location:
The city of Penticton is located in BC’s scenic south central region in the Okanagan Valley. With its mild climate, easy accessibility, urban amenities and world-class recreational opportunities, it offers an attractive lifestyle. Boating, windsurfing, hiking and skiing are among the numerous outdoor leisure pursuits enjoyed here.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned program area as required by the position:
• Completion of recognized post-basic education in perioperative nursing (including theory and practicum in scrub and circulating roles);
• Two years recent related Ambulatory Care experience which includes experience in minor surgical, oncology, and/or medical specialty clinics in an acute care facility, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.