Touching Lives! Room for Growth! Independent Practice! These are just a few of the descriptions that describe Interior Health’s High Acuity Response Team (HART) program and we are seeking critical care trained and experienced transport nurses to be part of this new and innovative program.
This program provides comprehensive, regionally coordinated ground transport care for critical care patients from institutions. Our mobile critical care response team includes highly skilled nursing professionals who perform vital analyses and procedures as needed on-site and in transit. This ground transport team covers Central and South Okanagan- from Kelowna to Oosyoos and Princeton to Grand Forks- to provide critical care in outlying facilities and transport patients to the best available care as quickly as possible.
Providing interfacility transportation for patients requiring advanced life support (ALS) or critical care management to or from tertiary hospitals is of particular importance, and is one of the primary reasons for using the Penticton HART team.
The service will bring critical care nurses by ambulance to the hospital when a situation requires an advanced level of care that the ambulance crew cannot perform. These nurses work under the medical direction of the regional medical director and utilize standing protocols which provide advanced medical care and will enhance the emergency lifesaving capabilities of the local EMS providers.
When not involved in transports, HART RNs integrate into their base hospital by providing support to critical care areas such as ICU and ER, participating in rapid response, code blue, critical care outreach to the wards, rounding on recent ICU discharges and other duties as required.
If you like a challenge when you work, opportunities for funded training, and choices when you play, Interior Health is the place for you! Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.