Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our HART team based out of the PENTICTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The HART program at Interior Health is a very successful innovative provincial initiative. The mission is to provide mobile critical care for patients who reside in the rural areas. The clinical scope of service encompasses adult, pediatric and neonatal patients who require greater than Basic Life Support level of care. The team is comprised of a Critical Care RN and Registered Respiratory Therapist as required. They are supported by Basic Life Support paramedics provided by the British Columbia Ambulance Service and an on-call transport physician. Working in a team environment, HART collaborates with rural clinicians to stabilize the patient and when appropriate, transport the patient to a higher level of care.
When not on transport, HART RNs are actively supporting patient care at their base hospital.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Include messaging that casual is self-scheduling? Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:05, 19:00 to 07:05 hours.
About this unit:
This ground transport team covers Central and South Okanagan- from Kelowna to Oosyoos and Princeton to Grand Forks- to provide critical care in outlying facilities and transport patients to the best available care as quickly as possible. Providing interfacility transportation for patients requiring advanced life support (ALS) or critical care management to or from tertiary hospitals is of particular importance, and is one of the primary reasons for using the Penticton HART team.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28. These are unionized nursing positions with the BCNU.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.