We are seeking casual critical care trained and experienced transport nurses to join our Critical Care Transport/High Acuity Response Team (HART) at the Penticton Regional Hospital.
The HART program at Interior Health is a very successful innovative provincial initiative. The mission is to provide mobile critical care for patients who reside in the rural areas. The clinical scope of service encompasses adult, pediatric and neonatal patients who require greater than Basic Life Support level of care. The team is comprised of a Critical Care RN and Registered Respiratory Therapist as required. They are supported by Basic Life Support paramedics provided by the British Columbia Ambulance Service and an on-call transport physician. Working in a team environment, HART collaborates with rural clinicians to stabilize the patient and when appropriate, transport the patient to a higher level of care.
When not on transport, HART RNs are actively supporting patient care at their base hospital.
This ground transport team covers Central and South Okanagan- from Kelowna to Oosyoos and Princeton to Grand Forks- to provide critical care in outlying facilities and transport patients to the best available care as quickly as possible. Providing interfacility transportation for patients requiring advanced life support (ALS) or critical care management to or from tertiary hospitals is of particular importance, and is one of the primary reasons for using the Penticton HART team.
If you like a challenge when you work, opportunities for funded training, and choices when you play, Interior Health is the place for you! Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.