We are seeking a casual Cardiology Technologist at the Kelowna General Hospital!
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is the largest tertiary level hospital within the Southern Interior area, providing access to the highest levels of cardiac care for the entire region including: RACE, ECG/Holter, Pacemaker, Atrial Fibrillation and Cardiac Echo clinics, as well as the Regional Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
As the Cardiology Technologist at this busy site, you would work independently within a supportive team environment to perform duties related to cardiology testing. This may typically include techniques relating to Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, stress testing, Holter and event Recorders and pacemaker monitoring and other types of diagnostic cardiac equipment.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Explains procedures to prepare patients for testing such as ECG, stress testing, Holter monitoring, pacemaker monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and related tests and answers related questions.
• Explains cardiac pacemaker screen system to patients, monitors cardiac pacemakers and notifies cardiologist and/or internist of abnormalities; contacts patients by telephone for repeat recordings as required.
• Monitors patients and scans test strips during cardiograms and stress tests and takes appropriate action upon recognition of cardiac arrhythmias or other abnormalities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Scans and analyzes ECG, stress, Holter and event monitor, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring test strips. Selects and assesses appropriate portions of test strips and summarizes for interpretation by medical staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Shifts are days and evenings and shift times are 06:45 to 16:15, 07:00 to 13:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 07:45 to 15:45, 07:45 to 17:15, 13:30 to 23:00, 15:00 to 23:00.
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply today and join our talented and committed team in Kelowna!
*This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized Diploma program in Cardiology Technology plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current certification with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.